In this learning unit internal insulation is presented with its advantages and disadvantages. Practical tips for selecting appropriate insulation materials, for installation and the physics of buildings are given. Planning criteria and feasible insulation standards are described. An important section deals with quality assurance regarding airtightness and minimizing thermal bridging.
On completing this unit students are able to …
- name areas of application of internal insulation
- compare different internal insulation systems
- point out problem areas in internal insulation
- apply quality criteria to insulation systems
- evaluate individual wall insulation systems regarding their advantages and disadvantages