In this learning unit we show you the possibilities of timber-based external wall structures. Various types of structure and areas of application are shown and practical tips for selecting appropriate insulation materials, for installation and the physics of buildings are given. Planning criteria and feasible insulation standards are described. An important section deals with quality assurance regarding airtightness and minimizing thermal bridging.
On completing this unit students are able to …
- list components of different systems for timber-based external wall insulation
- compare different insulation systems for timber-based external walls
- present solutions for difficult parts of insulation systems
- describe how various external wall structures are made up
- evaluate wall insulation systems with respect to their advantages and disadvantages
- apply quality criteria to insulation systems